- Senior defensive end Pierre Allen Sr. will play this weekend. Bo said that he's feeling good and ready to go
offensive tackle Marcel Jones continues to make progress, and while
Pelini said he wasn't sure if he would play, he said he's getting all
the way back, which includes his confidence.
- Bo said that while
sophomore linebacker Eric Martin will be missed on special teams, he's
confident there are a few players who can step up to fill the void
asked about any measures being taken this week to limit some of the
distractions. Pelini had talked about looking into how to keep his team
focused. He wasn't specific about any changes they made this week, but
he said there was nothing drastic.
- Bo said that he's expecting four official visitors in this weekend.
those of you who are into the whole mood thing with Bo, he was not just
chipper, but eerily chipper today. He wouldn't comment on the ruling of
the Big 12 in regard to Martin, just in case you were wondering.
also said that he was pleased with the efforts of defensive ends,
sophomore Josh Williams and redshirt freshman Jason Ankrah, in what was
their first real meaningful reps of the year. He thought that
considering their youth they did pretty well.
- There were some questions about safety. As you know there has been a bit of experimentation at the position over the last week. With all the recent talk about the missed tackles, Secondary Coach Marvin Sanders has been working with different combinations, one of them last week being senior safety Anthony West starting in place of fellow senior Rickey Thenarse. Pelini said that they are not ruling any combinations out right now, but wouldn't be specific as to how that line up would look this weekend.
- In other news, junior defensive tackle Jared Crick was named to the list of semifinalists for the Lombardi Award. Last year's winner, Ndamukong Suh, is who Crick replaced on the defensive line.
- This is a list of all the remaining candidates for the award:
- The 12 semifinalists are:
- Sam Acho, Defensive End, Texas, 6-3, 260, Sr., Dallas, TX
- Jeremy Beal, Defensive End, Oklahoma, 6-3, 267, Sr. Carrollton, TX
- Da'quan Bowers, Defensive End, Clemson, 6-4, 275, Jr., Bamberg, SC
- Adrian Clayborn, Defensive End, Iowa, 6-4, 285, Sr., St. Louis, MO
- Jared Crick, Defensive Tackle, Nebraska, 6-6, 285, Jr., Cozad, NE
- Nick Fairley, Defensive Line, Auburn, 6-5, 298, Jr., Mobile, AL
- Cameron Heyward, Defensive Tackle, Ohio State, 6-5, 288, Sr., Suwanee, GA
- Rodney Hudson, Offensive Guard, Florida State, 6-2, 282, Sr., Mobile, AL
- Greg Jones, Linebacker, Michigan State, 6-1, 240, Sr., Cincinnati, OH
- Ryan Kerrigan, Defensive End, Purdue, 6-4, 263, Sr., Muncie, IN
- Jake Kirkpatrick, Center, TCU, 6-3, 305, Sr., Tyler, TX
- Drake Nevis, Defensive Tackle, LSU, 6-5, 285, Sr., Marrero, LA
Click the following link for the full post practice audio with Head Coach Bo Pelini
Listen to Audio
YOUR SOURCE FOR NEBRASKA FOOTBALL TICKETS!!