Lincoln, NE - According to a published report by the Tampa Bay Times, Nebraska sophomore offensive tackle Tyler Moore will take the fall semester off from school and reevaluate his college options.
"He is back home. He had some things he wasn't happy about at Nebraska, and he's going to come home to get his head straight," Brian Moore, Tyler's father told the Times on Monday. "He'll take classes at St. Pete College, and then in January he'll make a decision."
Moore will reportedly decide between coming back to Nebraska or enrolling at Florida State or Florida.
Moore joined the Huskers in January 2011, after participating in the Army All-American game as a senior. Before committing to Nebraska, Moore had offers from Florida, Ohio State, Miami, Florida State, Tennessee, Clemson, and Michigan. Coming out of high school, Fox Sports NEXT rated the senior as the nation's No. 15 offensive tackle in the 2011 class.
The Florida product played in nine games in 2011, starting in the Huskers four non-conference match-ups, as senior Marcel Jones rehabbed from injury. In the process, he became the first true freshman offensive lineman to start in a season opener for Nebraska.
"He just wasn't enjoying himself," Brian Moore said, a former Husker letter-winner in 1985. "And if he's not enjoying himself, I don't want him to do it."
Last week, Moore confirmed to reporters he struggled going to limited action in 2011 when Jones returned to the field. The senior was a seventh round draft pick of the New Orleans Saints.
“The first couple weeks I probably didn’t handle it the greatest,” said Moore. “I was a little down, but after that, once we got to Michigan State, I started working hard and taking a lot more reps, since we had injuries and everything. I got to practice more, learn more, and get a lot more reps, so that really helped.”
Moore was projected to be the Huskers starting left tackle this year.