LINCOLN, Neb. - Nebraska's 2012 Big Red Weekend was not only viewed as a genius idea, but deemed a success.
With many cancellations leading up to their second annual event this past weekend, nobody knew how the 2013 event would stack up.
It might have been better.
Over a 48 hour period, Nebraska pulled five commitments - two of which were campers, one who had visited the previous week, and two just visiting the actual event on Saturday.
While fans will want to put a grade on the event immediately, the true effects of Big Red Weekend might not be felt until months from now, even if the current grade is an A.
Last year, offensive lineman Zach Hannon and linebacker Marcus Newby didn't commit until July, but both said Big Red Weekend played a major role in their decision.
The same could be said this year. Coming out of the weekend, Big Red Report projects at least three prospects now have Nebraska in the lead for their services who are still trying to decide.
Over the next few days, Big Red Report will take a deep hard look at the 2014 class, breaking down what each commitment might mean for the Huskers going forward at certain positions and updating our recruiting board.
Did you miss Big Red Weekend and want to catch up? Here is the links you need to have.
BRR Big Red Weekend board updates
Darlington goes with Nebraska's
Darlington talks about his decision
Huskers pick up CB from Texas
No. 7 is local
Stick throws at Nebraska twice
D.J. Foster goes N
T.V. Williams rates Nebraska a “10”
Pierson-El felt family atmosphere during commitments
Akinmoladun enjoys BRW
2015 OL Grant Schmidt makes appearance at BRW
2015 RB talent from Missouri enjoys Lincoln
Hentges visits Nebraska
Newell checks out Nebraska one last time