- The Huskers had a shortened practice today, part of it due to the coaches clinic which has an estimated 800 coaches from around the country in attendance. Part of it has to do with the fact that they will have a key speaker for that clinic today, that being Florida State legend, Bobby Bowden. But Head Coach Bo Pelini also said that scrimmaging tomorrow contributed in some way to the shortened day today.
- Bo Pelini said that he asked for Bobby Bowden to speak at this clinic when approached by Director of Football Operations Jeff Jamrog about who he wanted. He said he was looking forward to Bowden speak himself.
- Junior Jermarcus Hardrick apparently broke a finger in his hand, according to the head coach. But he had a cast on it and participated in today's practice. It's not for certain whether anymore will be done with that issue following the Spring.
- Sophomore defensive back Justin Blatchford is out for the Spring following a procedure today on his knee. Bo Pelini said that it went well and Blatchford's prognosis is very good.
- On redshirt freshman quarterback Taylor Martinez, Pelini said that he's making progress as well as the rest of the quarterbacks vying for time.
- Tomorrow the Huskers will hit the full pads for the first full scrimmage of the Spring. Pelini said that the expectations are never different, even for this situation. "It's just another part of the evaluation," he said. "It's basically a scrimmage every day in practice."
Click the following link for the full post practice audio with the head coach